Sunday 28 February 2016

Using Our Manners - a FREE Social Story and Sort

Well school has been back in full swing for 5 weeks here in Oz and I now have a pretty good idea of what my kiddies have and what we need to work on. 

In this case, we need to learn social skills! Manners, sharing, working together, listening, keeping our hands to ourselves - you name it, we will be working on it! (Anyone else feeling the same way???) Last week we learned about how to share. 

This week, we are on to manners, and I would like to share some of my new resources with you.


This week we will begin every day in Circle Time by reading our 'Using my Manners' social story. I printed it out and added it into a display folder after our Sharing social story. We will choose a different part of the story to talk about each day - listening skills, asking politely, treating our friends kindly. We act out different skills and complete our picture sort, and give examples of mow we can use our manners.

If you would like to grab your own copy of this Manners Social Story and Manners Picture Sort just click on the image above to access it.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this or other activities which we teachers could use to support the teaching of manners and other social skills. As I create more social skills resources for my classroom I will happily share them with you all!







3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, you can also find more information about everything in life like health food, sports ... here. Have a nice day
    Gamesbx 2
    yorg 3
    Bullet force
    chompers
    AV Club
    BBC Food
    BBC Sport
    bleacher repor
    Cinema Blend
    Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back
    try this

    ReplyDelete